I <3 creepy self portraits!
Happy Halloween everyone!
Quite a few spontaneous photo-shoots happened at Woodhull this summer, many of which happened on the last day. It all started when I lent my camera to Epiphora to take some photos of her Wahl and Womanizer. Then I shot some self portraits in Bex’s shiny new Eleven. Then Epiphora shot Bex and I jumping on the bed wearing only strap-ons. Then I shot some portraits of the awesome Caitlin of Sex-ational! (don’t they have the prettiest eyes!?)…while still only wearing my strap-on. You’d never guess from the photos that it was technically a “nude” shoot…or knowing us, you might. 😉
Thanks Epiphora for capturing this rad behind the scenes shot on my phone!
Thanks so much to everyone who entered my 4 Year Blogiversary Giveaway!
I got some great (and also some odd) answers to my questions, so thanks for the (mostly awesome) feedback!
I asked “What is your fave photo from my blog” and the most popular choices were Njoy toys at the beach, Joquing Around (aka “jumping on the bed with dildos”), Who Wants a Slice? (aka pizza boobs), Pure Wand Self Portrait, In the Eleven, Coffee & Mona, & Sandy Shilo. Also someone said “ALL OF THEM DO NOT MAKE ME CHOOSE,” and that person makes me happy.
The most popular answer to “What’s your all time fave sex toy?” was the Hitachi Magic Wand, which is MY all time fave sex toy so y’all obviously have amazing taste–some other faves were Mona, Pure Wand, Eroscillator, and Pure Plugs, which are also all amazing so no surprise there. And to whoever answered with “LUBE”–you rock, and we should probably be friends if we aren’t already.1
Here’s where things got a little more interesting. I asked “What else should I offer in my shop?” and got lots of people who suggested t-shirts, stickers, buttons, key-chains, mugs, and greeting cards (all good suggestions and mostly doable). I also got “something random like indoor plant pots or teapots”2 and “coasters, but in shapes cut to match the picture printed on them”3 Others think I should carry custom glass/dragon dildos, candle holders, whippets, and literature. Alrighty then.
And now for what you really want to know…the WINNERS!
The winner of prize #1 is Calvin!
And the winner of prize #2 is Brenna!
Thanks again everyone!
I can’t see who answered unless I pay an extra $40 to Gleam so I have no idea who all of you awesome people are. ↩
Does this person read my blog and want sex toy themed teapots because if so that’s rad, but they more likely don’t read my blog, right? If you’re reading this and that’s your answer, please clarify. ↩
How would that work? I think you’re over-estimating my crafting abilities, or maybe I’m underestimating my own crafting abilities? ↩
I’m honored to share that I’m the Kinkly Sex Blogger of the Month for October! Head over to Kinkly to read my interview to find out what inspired me to start blogging, which post is my most popular ever, and more!
Right now is also the time to vote for your favorite Sex Blogging Superheros of 2015, so if you enjoy my blog, please vote for me! Thanks for your support, y’all!
Today is my 4 Year Blogiversary y’all, and to celebrate I’m hosting a sex toy goodies giveaway & sale!
This year, I have 2 fabulous prizes for y’all to choose from. Feel free to enter for both! (But you can only win one.) 1. Your choice of Comet Wand, Pure Wand, or Pure Plug PLUS a matching coaster or print!
In case you haven’t heard, the Comet Wand & Pure Wand are both EPIC g-spotting toys, and the Pure Plug is basically butt magic. SheVibe, my rad sponsor, will send the winner their choice of toy directly, and I’ll send the matching coaster or 5×7 print! This prize is open to countries SheVibe ships to (US, Canada, UK, & AU.)
2. Your choice of ANY listing from my Etsy shop! (Yes, including sets!)
Sex toy coasters, magnets, prints…the choice is yours! You can pick any listing1 that’s still available in my shop when my giveaway ends on October 16th. If you’re in the US, I will pay for shipping, and if you don’t live in the US, you’re welcome to enter as long as you’re ok with pitching in for shipping costs via PayPal.
Why wait for the giveaway to end–get sex toy goodies NOW for 25% off with code 4YEARS at checkout! (Sale ends on October 16th!) Save even more by getting one of my coaster or print sets, which are already discounted! If there are any coasters or magnets you have your heart set on, get them while you can because I’m planning on rotating designs, and these might not be available again for a while!
including print, coaster, & magnet sets ↩
7 years ago today, I met my partner when he served me slices of pizza one tipsy night on 6th Street. 7 years later, we’re still together and stronger than ever, even though we’re both a lot different now than we were back then.
It may surprise you, but 7 years ago, I wasn’t the open minded, sex-positive human I am now. Back then, I was having lots of sex, but I still had a lot of sex negative hang ups, and there was a lot I didn’t know. To celebrate my partner & I’s anniversary and the sexual discoveries we’ve made together, here are 7 things I’ve tried with him that I never thought I would 7 years ago.
1. Anal Sex– Even when I started working at a sex shop (less than a year into our relationship) and began learning about the plethora of anal toy options, I didn’t think I’d actually want to play with my own butt. I used to think, but poop comes out of there! Now I love putting things in my butt! (And surprise, gross things sometimes come out of my mouth and vag too, but I never thought oral and vag sex were weird so…) Butts are full of sensitive nerve endings, and butt play is now an awesome part of my sexual repertoire. Bring on the butt toys and thick lube!
2. Pegging– This goes along with #1, but back when I first learned what pegging was, I thought it was even less likely that I’d put things in Jake’s butt than in mine. I remember my manager at the shop saying, you should try it with Jake…and I thought he’d never do that! I thought he’d think I was a weirdo for even asking. As it turns out, I was actually projecting my own hangups onto my partner…in fact, he’d tried butt things before we were together, and exploring pegging wasn’t a big deal. Communication is key!
3. Squirting– As with pegging, when I first met Jake, I didn’t even know what squirting was. Then I got a hold of Deborah Sundahl’s book… and the rest is history. It wasn’t as simple as reading the book and squirting the next day, but once I learned where my g-spot is, how to stimulate it, and how to get over the fear of being messy during sex, I was on the right track. Now I soak throes and knee socks and write about it!
4. Threesomes– I used to have issues with jealousy. If you can believe it, I used to get jealous of girls who flirted with Jake at work (he’s a bartender.) I used to think that I was supposed to be jealous, and that I was supposed to somehow magically be the only person my partner is attracted to (which doesn’t make sense, since I’m attracted to other people as well.) Years later, we are now non-monogamous and have had quite a few fun threesome experiences that have brought us even closer together.
5. Double Penetration– This could fall under anal sex or threesomes, but I think it warrants its own number. I remember one of the first porn scenes I saw in High School was a DP, and I remember thinking why would anyone do that, ever. Now I know. Because the amazing, intense feeling of being filled and fucked is overwhelming in the best way.
6. Watching Porn Together– I used to think porn was bad. I thought it was only for men. I thought it was demeaning. When I started working at the shop, I realized lots of people watch porn, and that it’s normal. Sure, there is still some problematic porn, but there’s also empowering, hot, ethical porn. In fact, watching porn with my partner led to us talking about things we saw like squirting and threesomes, which led the way to many of the fun experiences we had later on!
7. Electrosex– Of all the things I never thought I’d do, this one is probably the most shocking (pun intended.) If present Penny traveled to Penny of 2008 and told her one day she’d like getting zapped by a wand that looks like it belongs to a kinky mad scientist, she’d be like WHHHAT?! Oh, past Penny, the things you were missing out on!
Jake and I have tried a lot of new things together, sexual and otherwise…but there’s still so much to explore! What are some things you’ve tried that you never thought you would? Feel free to share in the comments!
E[lust] is a collecion of some of the best sex writing on the web–this month’s edition includes my post, 5 Reasons Woodhull was an Amazing Experience.
The only place where the smartest and hottest sex bloggers are featured under one roof every month. Whether you’re looking for sex journalism, erotic writing, relationship advice or kinky discussions it’ll be here at Elust. Want to be included in Elust #75? Start with the rules, come back October 1st to submit something and subscribe to the RSS feed for updates!
*You really should consider adding your popular posts here too*
All blogs that have a submission in this edition must re-post this digest from tip-to-toe on their blogs within 7
days.Re-posting the photo is optional and the use of the “read more…” tag is allowable after this point. Thank you, and enjoy!
“When I die, bury me with all my sex toys.” —Lunabelle
Lunabelle, aka the writer of Ninja Sexology, is one of my dildo heroes. I have quite a few dildos, but her collection is straight up awe-inspiring. She currently owns 185 dildos, many of which are from small companies and are unique, colorful, gorgeous, and often huge. Lucky for those of us who attended Woodhull last month, she brought along about 50 of them for us to admire and squish!