Since I already have and love an Atomic Rose Plug, I couldn’t wait to try out my new Crystal Minx Arctic Marble Fox Tail Plug, which features a Crystal Delights hand-crafted borosilicate glass plug with a beautiful, long, fluffy white striped tail made of real fur. The tail is even softer than I imagined it would be, and I couldn’t help but immediately pet, caress, and admire the tail when I removed it from the tissue it was carefully wrapped in. Once I had it on, I rubbed the delicate fur along my thighs and butt and kept petting the plug, which in effect made it seem like I was petting myself.
Inserting the Crystal Minx Tail is easy for me since I’m already accustomed to anal play, and the smooth glass provides a pleasurable sensation upon entry and removal and a subtle feeling of fullness during use. I enjoy the tail’s long length (17″) because it allows me to flip it up onto my back when I’m on all fours or to simply enjoy the plush fur swishing down my legs. Since each Crystal Delights plug is hand crafted, my Minx Tail Plug is slightly bigger (2.8 insertable inches with a 1.5″ bulb) than my Atomic Rose Plug, which are both size “small.” As with any butt toy, thick lubricant like Sliquid Sassy is vital for easy insertion and comfortable use.
When I put the Crystal Minx Tail on, the wild side in me comes out naturally. I can’t help but wag my tail playfully and ask Jake to pet me. I’d already read stories about pet play and knew the idea turned me on, but before receiving the Minx Tail we’d never tried it. Now we’re planning on getting a matching white collar and leash, some knee pads so I can crawl on all fours comfortably, and a little bone or chew toy for more elaborate pet play.
Besides wearing it for aesthetic enjoyment or for exploring human animal play, the Crystal Minx Tail is also fun for sensation play. It feels amazing when Jake slides the soft tail over my butt to sensitize my skin before spanking. You can also try temperature play with it since it’s glass, but I don’t plan on it because I want to try to avoid getting the tail wet.
The only downside to the Crystal Minx Plug is that the fur is delicate and requires careful use and storage. Though it’s awesome for role playing, oral, foreplay, etc., I don’t plan on wearing the plug during penetrative sex because I’m afraid that my juices will get all over it, or that we’ll inadvertently yank the tail off of the plug if we’re in a weird position or get too rough.
Cleaning the plug is also harder than cleaning a normal glass plug since the fur tail is attached, and the tail needs to be stored in an open space. It’s definitely not a toy that can be stuffed away if you’re trying to be discreet. Although you can usually use either water based or silicone lube with glass toys, I recommend sticking to water based in case it accidentally gets on the tail.
The good news is that Crystal Delights now has Detachable Pony Tails and Magnetic Bunny Tails that allow you to remove the tail from the plug so that cleaning is much easier. I wish they would make Crystal Minx Detachable Fur Tails as well–hopefully that’s something that will happen in the future.
Since it needs space and shouldn’t be stored in a bag, the Crystal Minx tail doesn’t come with a pouch, but the plug is shipped in a long box with a Styrofoam pad protecting the glass and tissue around the fur, with paper padding on each side. Mine arrived a mere two days after the ship date, which is important because the tail shouldn’t be subject to heat or packaged very long. As with all Crystal Delights products, the tail had a label signed by the person who inspected it for quality before shipment. It also comes with a small bottle of water based Crystal Delights lubricant.
If you’re looking for a tail plug, an accessory for human animal role play or pet play, or just something a little on the wild side, I definitely recommend Crystal Minx Tail Plugs. The Arctic Marble Fox Plug’s fur is incredibly soft and stunning, and it’s thrilling to wear and use for role play and sensation play.
If you’re vegan or don’t like real fur, they also have faux fur tails. If you’re not interested in a tail or are concerned about discreetly storing sex toys, I recommend trying one of their other lovely glass plugs. They also carry gorgeous dildos like the amazing Crystal Twist.
Thanks so much Crystal Delights for sending me this awesome toy in exchange for my honest review!
Crystal Delights Ethical Use Statement:
Our tails come from a U.S. company that specializes in the “refuse parts” of animals typically thrown away. We at Crystal Delights do not condone the killing of an animal for its coat and we believe that someday the fur trade will be abolished, and we support that, but until that time, we believe that all parts of the animal should be used and not simply discarded as waste. Crystal Delights donates a portion of tail profits annually to animal charities to continue our charitable mission.
How to care for the Crystal Minx Tail Plugs: (The instruction sheet comes with the tail & can also be found on the CD website)
- Our Crystal Minx animal tails are real fur tails and as such require a bit of special care. Here is where I give you the “correct” way to clean your Crystal Minx tail (which I know most of you wont do) then I will give you some tips and tricks that might help!
- The Crystal Minx tail should be cleaned only by a fur professional, however here are some things you can do yourself:
- Give it a good home. Be sure it is not exposed to bright light while being stored, or isn’t kept near a heat source. Make sure it has room to breath and isn’t being crushed by other objects. Fur likes cold, hates heat. They don’t like friction. They don’t like chemicals. They like space.
- Don’t cover your Crystal Minx tail with a bag. Your tail prefers air circulation, to prevent its leather side from drying. If you absolutely must keep it in a bag for a short period of time, be sure it is in a loosely woven cloth bag.
- Accessorize wisely. Don’t pin jewelry on your tail, and avoid sharp necklaces and bracelets that could snag your tail. We recommend sliding magnetic tails apart, using your fingers to push the two magnetics apart, rather then tugging the magnetic tail off. The magnets are strong and your tail is fragile.
- Avoid insecticides, mothproofing and other chemicals around your tail, including perfume or hairspray directly on your tail. Perfume contains alcohol, which can dry it out. Once a perfume gets into your tail, including cedar from a cedar chest it could be there to stay. Oils in the leather of your tail can become rancid and smell.
- If your tail gets wet, don’t panic. Most tails handle snow and light rain with ease. Shake it out and hang it to dry in a well-ventilated room. Resist the temptation to speed the drying process by using a hair dryer or hanging near a heat source. Your tail does not like heat. After it dries, shake it again. Do not comb or brush it. If its hairs are a little bristly, simply smooth them with your hand.
- Do not store your tail in a freezer…bad idea!
- Spot clean a stain at once with a cleaning solution and a rag. Pat the area with the rag rather than stroking it to avoid removing guard hairs. Hang to dry after the stain is removed.
- Bring back the shine of the fur by drying oat bran or cornmeal and laying it in the fur. These substances soak up dirt and grime. Gently shake out the cornmeal and bran and shake the tail to loosen the rest of the substances.