It’s no secret that I like power. Don’t get me wrong–I enjoy many types of vibrators and don’t always want jack-hammer strength, but when I’m feeling lazy, wands are perfect for no fuss quickies.
So I was really excited about trying out the Doxy Massager, a relatively new wand from the UK that’s touted as “the world’s most powerful mains operated wand massager,” with up to 9,000 RPM. The Doxy’s design is similar to the Magic Wand, with a 9.5″ body attached to a 3″ long PVC head that can move around a bit. Its vibration speeds are controlled with push buttons, and it has a ~9 ft. long cord.
So since I’m a Magic Wand lover, and they seem similar, how does the Doxy compare?
To start, the Doxy has a wider range of vibration. At its low speeds, it’s weaker than the Magic Wand, at its middle speeds it’s similar in strength to the low speed on the Magic Wand, and at its high speeds it’s similar to1 the Magic Wand’s high speed. If you’re measuring by RPM, the Doxy might technically be the most powerful wand in the world2…but that doesn’t mean it’s the best.
You know those rough roller coasters that are more painful than fun, the ones that thrash your neck around and leave you with an overpowering headache so you can’t even feel the dips and turns anymore? That’s how my clit feels when using the Doxy.
Though the Doxy is very powerful at its highest speeds, it’s not a good kind of power. The vibration is very buzzy, and my clit immediately starts to itch like crazy–it’s unpleasant and desensitizing.
At its middle speeds, the Doxy feels similar to the Magic Wand, but to me it still feels buzzier. The lowest 2 speeds of the Doxy are the deepest and most enjoyable, but they’re weaker than the Magic Wand. The pulse setting has potential, but I wish you could control the intensity of the pulse rather than just the speed3
When you turn on the Doxy, it doesn’t start at its lower power setting, as most vibes do, it starts near full power. I don’t like this design because I prefer to work my way up in vibration strength, and since I don’t like the higher settings, it means I have to turn it down every time I turn on the Doxy. Otherwise the Doxy is easy to use though.
Sound wise, the Doxy is very quiet at its low settings (much quieter than the Magic Wand), but when you turn it up, it sounds like an airplane taking off, and unless you want to close your eyes and imagine a mile high club fantasy, it’s distracting and not discreet.
As for cleaning, the Doxy’s head is made of medical grade PVC. I assumed it was porous, but the owner of Doxy has claimed it’s not. I want to look into this more before I make an assertion either way. It’s also obviously not waterproof since it’s a plug-in, so I clean mine by wiping it with a soapy rag, taking care not to get water on the rest of the wand.
The Doxy seems like it should be better than the Magic Wand. It has a wider range of speeds, a pulse setting, and higher potential RPM. But I don’t judge vibes based on their qualities on paper–my clit makes the ultimate decision. And apparently my clit is pickier than I thought, because although they’re similar in strength, my clit is fiercely loyal to the Magic Wand, and it turns its nose up at the Doxy.
So, will your clit/balls/perineum/penis/tentacles like the Doxy? Obviously I can’t say for sure. If you enjoy very intense, buzzy vibration, you might love the Doxy. If having a wide range of vibration and a pulse setting in a wand is really important to you, the Doxy might work.
But if you’re just looking for a strong no fuss wand, I’d recommend the Magic Wand over the Doxy–it’s similar (and in my opinion better), and it’s $75 cheaper. If you’re in the UK and the Hitachi isn’t an option, Lilly recommends the Smart Wand Large over the Doxy4 And if the Magic Wand/Doxy/Smart Wand seem like too much for you but you still want a wand, I’d recommend the Mystic Wand instead.
If you do decide on a Doxy and are in the US, use the coupon code DOXYUSA for £12.99 off of your order from Belle de Soir. For UK readers, the Doxy is on sale for £69.99, and there’s also a sale running right now that includes the Doxy, a glass toy, and lube for £89.99.
Thanks Belle de Soir!
and maybe even stronger than ↩
compared to the Magic Wand’s 5,000-6,000 RPM ↩
you can only control the time it takes for the vibration to build from low to high. ↩
and I trust her opinion. ↩
6 Responses to “Review: Doxy Wand Massager”
- HedoVibes Round Up #52 | HedoVibes.com - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- HedoVibes Round Up #52 - Novelties - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- Sex Toys Reviews Round Up: Hedovibes #52 | Cara Sutra - […] Deluxe Magic Wand -by Always the Little Spoon LELO Mia 2 -by Always the Little Spoon Doxy Wand Massager …
- HedoVibes Round Up #52 | Heaven's Playground - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- HedoVibes Round Up #52 » of Sex and Love - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- Hedovibes #52 | Those Plums - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- Round Up #52 | Reviews@HedoVibes - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- Hedo Vibes Review Roundup Week #52 » Kinky Biker Mom - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- Hedovibes #52 | MASOKITTI - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- HedoVibes Round Up #52 | Ali's Addiction - […] Doxy Wand Massager by Penny […]
- HedoVibes Roundup Week #52 - Property Of Potter - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- Hedo Vibes Round Up #52 | Peep's Scoop - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]
- HedoVibes Round-Up #52 | sex toys for the broke and unfamous - […] Doxy Wand Massager -by Penny […]