One of my sexual goals is to learn to squirt, so I invested in some Lelo Luna Beads to help exercise and strengthen my PC (pubococcygeus) muscles. Strong PC muscles aid in female ejaculation, arousal, orgasm, lubrication, and help prevent various reproductive problems, so exercising them is important for all women, regardless of whether or not squirting is a goal.
The Lelo Luna Beads are a weight-adjustable PC workout system. The Luna Beads System consists of a white silicone composition girdle that can hold either 1 or 2 of the 4 (36mm) beads included. The system comes with 2 petal pink 28g beads and 2 powder blue 37g beads (1 foundation bead with a retraction leash and 1 crown bead of each color.) The weight range of the system is 28-74 grams.
With the Luna Beads, you have the option of using either one foundation bead or a foundation bead and a crown bead together. I opted for using both pink 28g beads to start my workouts. To use the beads, insert the foundation bead in the side of the silicone girdle with a hole, and pull the retraction leash through the hole. Push the bead into place and insert the other bead if desired. Since the beads are pretty big (especially for use when not aroused), I lie down and use a little bit of water based lube on the tip of the crown bead to help slide them in. Only use a small amount though because if you use too much it make the beads slippery and difficult to hold in. The beads should rest so that the foundation bead is at least 2 cm inside you, similar to how you wear a tampon. Also like a tampon, the retraction leash should hang out for easy removal.
The Luna user manual suggests incorporating 30 minute daily Luna Bead sessions to achieve noticeable results. It also explains that the PC muscle workout occurs when you walk, swim, run, or move about with the beads in, which causes a subtle kinetic vibe as the beads move which stimulates the vaginal muscles. Even just standing works out the muscles because gravity causes the PC muscles to spontaneously contract as they try to keep the beads from sliding out.
I insert the Luna Beads during at home workouts. The manual warns that the beads may fall out quickly, but mine have stayed in fine for an hour or longer. Due to the size of the beads, I can definitely tell they’re inside me, but they aren’t uncomfortable. I can also feel them moving around and hitting my g-spot as I workout, and it feels good without being overly distracting. I haven’t worn them in public yet, but they are so quiet that I think they would be fine to wear out.
The Luna Beads are made of ABS plastic and silicone, which are both hygienic, body safe materials. To properly clean the beads, take them apart and wash them with antibacterial soap and warm water or mild toy cleaner (no alcohol, petrol, or acetone) and pat dry with a lint free towel or cloth. Store them in a dust free place away from other toys. The Luna Beads come with a small white cloth bag that is useful for storage and travel. Like all Lelo toys, the Luna beads come with a 1 year warranty, so register them at Lelo.com after purchase and keep your receipt and original packaging in case you need to send them back to Lelo.
I recommend using the Lelo Luna Bead system for PC workouts because they are well made, hygienic, weight adjustable, and convenient. You can wear them while you workout, clean, walk, or whatever else, so they’re great for saving time by multi-tasking. I have only used the beads a few times so far, so I will report back after more time has passed to see if I have noticed a big change in my muscle strength.
Photo © pennysdirtythoughts.com
Sundahl, Deborah. “Pelvis Muscles That Assist Female Ejaculation.” Female Ejaculation and the G-spot. Alameda, CA: Hunter House, 2003. 39-42. Print.
5 Responses to “Review: Lelo Luna Beads”
- Pleasurists #167 | In Bed with Bzzingbee - [...] LELO Luna Beads by Penny [...]
- Pleasurists 167 - [...] LELO Luna Beads by Penny [...]
- Pleasurists #167 | Penny for Your Dirty Thoughts - [...] week’s edition of Pleasurists includes my Lelo Luna Beads [...]
- Pleasurists #167 « Blacksilk's Boudoir - [...] LELO Luna Beads by Penny [...]
- Pleasurists #167 » Nuts4Toys.net - [...] LELO Luna Beads by Penny [...]
- Pleasurists #167 : Ruffled Sheets - [...] LELO Luna Beads by Penny [...]
- Pleasurists Edition 167 « Lady Pandorah's Sanctuary - [...] LELO Luna Beads by Penny [...]
- Pixelated Toys - Pleasurists 167 - [...] LELO Luna Beads by Penny [...]
- Pleasurists: Edition 167 - [...] LELO Luna Beads by Penny [...]
- Pleasurists Edition #167 « Cara Sutra - [...] LELO Luna Beads by Penny [...]
- Pleasurists #169 « Being Blacksilk - [...] Courtesy of Penny*Welcome to Pleasurists, a round-up of the adult product and sex toy reviews that came out in ...
- Pleasurists Edition 169 | DIY Orgasms - [...] Ruffled Sheets Pleasurists Edition 169 Courtesy of Penny* ...
- Pleasurists 169 - [...] Courtesy of Penny*Welcome to Pleasurists, a round-up of the adult product and sex toy reviews that came out in ...
- Pleasurists #169 » OMG that goes where!? - [...] Courtesy of Penny* [...]
- Pleasurists #169 | Penny for Your Dirty Thoughts - [...] toy reviews. This week’s edition includes my WhipSmart Heart Paddle Review and features my Lelo Luna Beads [...]
- Pleasurists Edition 169 | KissinBlueKaren - [...] Courtesy of Penny*Welcome to Pleasurists, a round-up of the adult product and sex toy reviews that came ...