Pictured: Atomic Rose Plug inside of an old lens
Happy Toy Tuesday!
Pictured: Atomic Rose Plug inside of an old lens
Happy Toy Tuesday!
Update 2018: Fucking Sculptures are no longer in business. RIP.
Y’all know I love photographing sex toys. And the Corkscrew, with its spacey, twisted design and gorgeously crafted black glass, appeals to the photo nerd in me. But I can’t orgasm from looking through my viewfinder, so let’s talk about how it feels.
Fucking Sculptures makes a variety of gorgeous soda-lime glass dildos like the medium Corkscrew I was sent to review. Since they’re handmade, each FS toy has slight variations, notably in size, and although mine is labeled a medium, I’d call it a small–its girth is about 1.4″ at the widest point, (and it quickly tapers down to about 1″), and it has less than 5 insertable inches since you have to grasp its tip to thrust. Size isn’t everything, but the medium Corkscrew is definitely smaller than I’d prefer, and I was skeptical that I’d enjoy it.
The Corkscrew has a nice curve, and pushing down on its handle pushes its head up against my g-spot–but it doesn’t have much weight or girth, so it lacks any intensity, and since it’s small and super smooth, I don’t notice its pretty texture.
Just because a toy is small doesn’t mean it can’t pack a punch, but this dildo doesn’t. The Slow Drive is similar size-wise, but unlike the Corkscrew it can quickly induce squirty feels1. I’m also cool with toys that don’t provide a lot of direct g-spot stimulation if they offer other unique sensations, like the Crystal Twist, but the Corkscrew just feels lackluster.
For a dildo to impress me, it needs to have more than looks. It needs to have some girth, a bulbous head, a good g-spot curve, memorable texture, or some combination of the above. I don’t expect every toy to absolutely wow me, but it’s like the Corkscrew isn’t even trying. If it disappeared from my collection, the photographer in me would be sad, but my vagina would be indifferent.
If you’re looking for a small glass dildo that glides smoothly and provides light stimulation, you might enjoy the Corkscrew. But I’d gladly trade mine for a g-spoon–I tried Aerie’s last year at dildo holiday and liked it, though the memory is hazy now2. I’d also love to try the Double Trouble since my friend Girly Juice raves about it.
Thanks Fucking Sculptures for sending me the Corkscrew to review!
I went vegan a few months ago, so in addition to changing what I eat and going through my clothes, makeup, and toiletries, I also went through my sex toy collection to get rid of anything that’s not vegan friendly1**.
Some things were obvious–leather and fur are definitely not vegan so I gave away the few leather paddles I had as well as my tail butt plug.
But what about everything else? Are dildos and vibrators vegan? What about lube, condoms, and other safer sex barriers?
Sex Toys: Dildo, Vibes, Plugs, Etc.
When I first went vegan, I read a book called Vegan Freak and was glad that it included a short section about sex things. It mentioned that silicone is a vegan friendly sex toy material (yay!) and to avoid jelly rubber because it can contain mystery ingredients, and there’s no way of knowing if it’s vegan unless the manufacturer explicitly says it is. But y’all probably already know that jelly toys are a bad idea anyways since they’re porous and often contain toxic ingredients, so that’s no surprise.
Since silicone, stainless steel, and glass are all great options (and that’s what almost all of my toys are made of), most of my collection was safe–hooray! I wasn’t sure about our Fleshlight though since they don’t list the ingredients in their Superskin material, but I contacted them, and they said it’s fine, also yay!2
Unfortunately a lot of restraints and impact toys are made of leather, but there are also faux leather and other vegan options. As I mentioned earlier, I got rid of a couple of leather paddles I had, but most of what I had is vegan friendly, like my Bettie Page paddle, Tantus Plunge, and Twisted Monk rope. My fave harness is also fine, thank goddess! If you’re looking for vegan kink things, check out my friend Artemisia’s epic list.
Many drugstore lubes contain glycerin or other animal derived ingredients and are not vegan3. Luckily my favorite brand of lube is Sliquid, which is 100% vegan friendly! My faves are the classic H2O water based and thicker Sassy for anal, but they also carry silicone and flavored varieties. Überlube silicone lube is also a great option (just don’t use it with silicone toys.)4
Condoms & Safer Sex Barriers
Most mainstream latex condom brands are produced with casein (milk protein), but luckily there are some companies that don’t test on animals or use any animal ingredients like Sir Richards and Sustain condoms. Check out my list of vegan safer sex barriers for more info.!
**I did my best to make sure this post is accurate but if you’re not sure if something is vegan and are concerned about it, check out the company’s website or contact them. Some products don’t contain animal ingredients but may be owned by a company that does make products with animal derived ingredients or that does test on animals, so unless the company is certified/advertises as vegan, make your best judgement.
Pictured1: We-Vibe Tango (my review), Lelo Mona (my review), We-Vibe Nova, Tantus Ryder (my review), Tracey Cox Supersex Balls (my review), OhMiBod Cuddle (my review), Tantus Leisure, Crystal Delights Atomic Rose Plug (my review), L’Amourose Rosa Rouge (my review), Fun Factory Sharevibe, Fun Factory Tiger G5, & Lelo Mia (my review)
Happy Valentine’s Day y’all!
Day 14 of #FebPhotoFest
starting at the top right tip going clockwise ↩
I already told y’all a little about how we got to make our own glass dildos at Dildo Holiday, but I also want to share some of the behind the scenes photos.
First, we checked out where the magic happens, exploring the studio and looking at various glass pieces.
Piph’s came out a little smaller than she wanted, so I asked Kelly to make mine bigger (it came out WAY bigger.) I chose orange and turquoise and wanted a curved dildo with two bulbous ends and some texture.
All of the photos of me/my dildo were captured by Kate.
I also captured some shots of Bex, Aerie, & Kate making their pieces. Otto helped Aerie make their creation and did an awesome job of explaining the process.Kate created a flower pattern in her dildo–fancy!Behold, the birth of seven new glass dildo beauties into the world!
1- Reenie 2- Aerie 3-Girly Juice 4- Me 5- Kate 6- Bex 7- Epiphora
We had a guessing game on social media to see if anyone could guess them all right. Some people guessed a few right, and Panda got them all! My partner also guessed mine right, and so did a friend of mine. My partner said he guessed based on the colors and shape, and my friend said he knew because “it kinda looks like the blue one that’s your favorite.” I’m pretty sure the fact that my friends know my taste in dildos means I’ve succeeded in life.
*Check out Girly Juice’s post to read more about the glass making process!
While I might not get to try all of these, I’d like to try at least half of them–wish me luck! Also, I’m constantly lusting after new toys–to see them all, check out my wishlist on Pinterest! Or, if you’re feeling super generous, you can buy me something anonymously through my Lovehoney wishlist!
1. Neon Wand+Power Tripper– I can’t shut up about how much I want the Neon Wand. When I visited my best friend in LA, we played with one in three different sex shops. If you’ve never heard of it, it’s a device that discharges static electricity, which depending on the intensity you set it to, can range from feeling like a warm tingle to a focused sting. When paired with the Power Tripper, it basically turns you into a human-e-stim (electrical stimulation) device, so that when you touch someone, you send sparks and tingles to their skin. Um. NEED.
2. L’Amourose Rosa Rouge– Ever since I read Dangerous Lilly’s rave review, I’ve been dying to get my hands on the Rosa Rogue, a waterproof rechargeable vibrator with powerful vibration that also warms up! Lilly is super picky about vibes, so if she loves it, I’m pretty sure I will too!
Update 2/21–I got it, and it rocks!!
3. NobEssence Seduction– The fact that I don’t have a Seduction yet is a travesty. Epiphora has deemed it part of “the trifecta” of basically perfect, miraculous g-spotting dildos, along with the Pure Wand & Comet Wand (my 2 fave dildos!)…so obviously I need one in my vagina, like yesterday. Also, it’s made of gorgeous sealed wood, and I need something to match my Romp in photos!
4. New York Toy Collective Shilo (Blue & Yellow)- I felt the Shilo when I was at the Pleasure Chest in LA last year, and its silicone was so squishy and fabulous. And just look at that juicy blue and yellow combo!
Update 6/21: I tried it at Dildo Holiday & now I want one even more!
5. Fucking Sculptures G -Spoon (Medium)- I’ve lusted after FS dildos ever since they opened up shop, with their bad ass to the point name–FUCKING Sculptures–and their breathtaking glass designs…but it was Aerie’s review that really peaked my interest. In the review, Aerie says the G-Spoon helped them find their A-spot…an erogenous zone I’m not really familiar with. I love making new discoveries about my body, so I must try one, stat!
6. Stronic Eins– This is another toy that I’m a bit ashamed to admit I don’t have yet. It uses magics (ok, magnets) that make the toy thrust itself back and forth! Piph loves it, and I’d really like to finally review one this year.
7. MyStim Tickling Truman– The Tickling Truman is a vibrator that also has has e-stim, sort of like a neon wand for your vag! I need to know what the tingling sensations feel like!
8. Njoy Eleven– The Njoy Eleven strikes equal parts fear and excitement in my vag…a 2″ girth and 2.75 lbs of stainless steel?! Can I do it?! I think I can! I have faith in the power of my vag.
9. Crave Vesper– It’s a vibrator that’s also a necklace! Y’all know I would so wear it everywhere. I’ve also never tried a Crave toy and want to change that.
10. Vixen Creations Randy– I’m addicted to Vixen’s squishy, realistic dual density VixSkin silicone and want to collect all of their dildos. Randy is at the top of my list though because it’s the girthiest one they make…it’s a beast that I want to conquer!
11. Crystal Delights Pony Tail Plug– I want to be a pony! Look at those gorgeous pastels! Please goddess of dildos let it happen!
12. Gorge Ohwell Silencing Slider Cheeseburger Gag– The fact that this exists make me so fucking happy. A cheeseburger ball gag?! Made of 100% silicone? Please, put it in my mouth now! Update 12/8/16–Not into this anymore now that I’m vegan…time for someone to make a vegan version please with a veggie burger & a faux leather strap! 🙂
13. Tantus Cush– I’ve heard great things about the Cush from Epiphora & Aerie, and I’m always down for more Tantus, so I’d love to try the Cush. And I don’t usually like pink toys…but this one looks like cotton candy, and I want to eat it. And use it. And photograph it with cotton candy. Please and thank you.
15. BS Capsula Plug- I’m always down for more butt toys, and I’d love to try this unique pill shaped butt plug from the makers of the sock dildo!
What toys are y’all excited about trying in 2015? Did I miss any good ones? Please let me know in the comments!
This list includes the best and worst products that I reviewed during 2014! (They weren’t necessarily released in 2014.)
LELO Mona 2– Mona–the vibe that’s so good, I chose it over pizza. It has a wide range of moderately strong vibration, it’s easy to use and hold, it’s waterproof, rechargeable, and incredibly versatile. It’s definitely one of the best LELO products I’ve ever tried, along with the awesome Luna Beads.
Runner Up: Eroscillator Top Deluxe Ultimate Combo– If I were to judge by orgasm alone, the Eroscillator would win over Mona. But the Eroscillator doesn’t have as many other redeeming qualities as Mona–it’s not waterproof or travel-friendly, and it’s not made of silicone. It’s also $115.95 more expensive than the already not cheap Mona for the version I have. In a perfect world, everyone should have an Eroscillator, but not everyone can drop $200+ on a vibe that isn’t even waterproof or discreet. That’s why Mona wins–it has more features and a better overall value than the Eros. If you have the money though, you should get one–your clit will thank you!
Vixen Creations Buck– Where do I begin? Buck is a beautiful creature. It’s made of Vixen’s incredibly realistic, squishy silicone VixSkin, and that head… If I had to choose to keep only a few of my dildos, Buck would be in the top 3, below only the amazing, insta-squirt inducing Pure Wand & Comet Wand.
Runner Up: Tantus Splash– I actually didn’t care for the Splash’s unique intense sensations at first…but like Fernet, it was an aquired taste, and now I can’t get enough. Thanks to the Splash, I am now a member of the exclusive “texture slut” club.
NobEssence Romp– I cannot truly express how amazing the Romp feels in my butt-I can only say that if you enjoy putting things in your butt, you need to experience it. And not only does it feel amazing, it’s fucking beautiful. Just look at it. All hail the Romp!
Runner Up: Fun Factory Bootie– I don’t use the Bootie often anymore because it’s a little on the small side for my tastes now, but it is the perfect beginner plug. It’s small and easy to insert but also stimulating and super comfortable to wear around, and it’s also affordable. Yay, Bootie!
Tantus Plunge– It’s an intense paddle, with a dildo-handle. It’s also 100% silicone & completely sterilizable, unlike most paddles. Need I say more?
Runner Up: Bettie Page Picture This Spanking Bat– I love all things Bettie Page, so I fell in love with this gorgeous paddle the moment I laid eyes on it. It doesn’t hurt much, so it’s great for beginner impact play or for those who don’t like a lot of pain…or for any die hard Bettie fan, of course.
The Ultimate Guide to Sexual Fantasy by Violet Blue- Violet Blue’s Ultimate Guide to Fantasy is chock full of helpful information and ideas for adding excitement to your sex life. At 256 pages, it’s not exactly light reading, but Blue pulls you in with an accessible, easy to read tone and exciting topics that will keep you interested the whole way through.
Runner Up: 50 Shades of Kink by Tristan Toarmino- This book should be required reading for anyone interested in BDSM and kink. Taormino stresses the importance of consent, communication, and safety while she discusses the basics of BDSM and power play.
Tracey Cox Supersex Toner Balls– Simple and effective, the Tracey Cox Toner Balls are a solid set of kegel balls, and for only $26.99, they’re a steal!
Runner Up: Tantus Slow Drive– The Slow Drive is an amazing little g-spotter and my go-to recommendation for an affordable first time g-spot dildo. At full price it’s only $37.40 with code PENNY at checkout, & right now the limited edition purple haze version is only $25.50 with code PENNY. For a high quality 100% silicone dildo, that is ridiculously cheap!
LELO Ida– My version of Ida’s product description: Ida: the toy for those who like a challenge (can YOU finish without crying?)
Runner Up: Vibratex Princessa– The Princessa looks like a cross between a flower, a nipple, a bug, and an alien, which I love, but unfortunately it has some of the weakest, buzziest vibrations I’ve ever felt.
LELO Smart Bead– I was really excited to try out the Smart Bead, which is supposed to measure your “orgasm potential” (aka kegel strength) and then give you a customized 5 minute kegel routine–you squeeze when it vibrates and relax your muscles when it stops. Sadly, the Smart Bead doesn’t seem to measure kegel strength at all, and its vibration is so weak you can barely feel it in use. Oh, and it’s battery operated and has a seam on the part you insert, so lube and vag juice seeps into the bead. A gimmicky, impossible to clean, weak ass toy for $109? Hell no.
Runner Up: Shibari Halo Wand– I had high hopes for the Halo Wand since it was the first rechargable wand vibrator I’ve tried, and it features a silicone head, unlike many wands, but its vibration is buzzy, and it cannot get me off. Fail.